Sunday 11 September 2022

Our late Queen, Elizabeth

Good evening everyone,

I have been wanting to write a tribute to our late Queen Elizabeth, since her death on Thursday, but words failed me. 

Then I received this wonderful tribute from a friend, whose home is in Zanzibar, Tanzania, which is of course, part of the Commonwealth which was so close to our Queen`s heart, and also to our new King Charles.

It is with great sadness to hear the Queen passed away few days ago. She was a great leader and a role model. We will always remember her. She did handle all situations very well, from family crisis, nation and the world as a Head of the Commonwealth countries

May God place her soul in Peace. Amen

Thank you so much Migoda Mataka for giving me the words which had illuded me.

Long live the King.

Yoland

Attached picture is of my father, W.F. Waddington, Port Officer in Zanzibar, overseeing the arrival of Princess Margaret in 1954 - he is on the left with his back to the camera