Wednesday 2 April 2014

London Marathon for Asthma UK

Message forwarded by Colleen Hughes.



Dear Des and Colleen

I have been lucky enough to secure a place in this year's London Marathon on 13th April running for the charity Asthma UK. Now that my injury is more stable, I need to focus on fundraising to meet my target of £1700. 

I would really appreciate it if you could circulate this email to the parish email circulation list and if anyone could sponsor me and help spur me on I would be very grateful.

Donations can be made by emailing me at suzanne.galliers@btinternet.com or calling/texting me on 07974 152022 or directly through my charity page My page: http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/SuzanneGalliers. If online donations are not your thing, please make cheques payable to Asthma UK, you could either drop/post them into Felton Farm House, The Avenue, West Felton, SY11 4LE or I could collect them and I can then forward them on and the amount can still be assigned to my fundraising total.

I am training hard with runs, swimming and cycling having worked through several injures, but I am determined to finish the marathon on the day and raise the money for this very worthwhile cause. I have given some further detail on my quest below.

Many thanks for your assistance.

Suzanne Galliers

EXTRA INFO

Running the London Marathon has always been a dream of mine. Being Asthmatic myself my journey to marathon fitness is a steady one but I know I will complete the course as I ran the Dublin Marathon in 2011.

I'm very proud to be running for  Asthma UK the UK’s leading asthma charity.  1,100 people die each year from Asthma. 

There are over five million people with asthma in the UK, and Astma UK are there for them when they need it most.

We want to live in a world where asthma is no longer a daily battle for some and where no one dies from the condition. We’re working to make this happen through world-leading research, award-winning information and services, and life-changing campaigns. 

Through Virgin Money Giving, you can sponsor me and donations will be quickly processed and passed to charities. Virgin Money Giving is a not for profit organisation and will claim gift aid on a charity's behalf where the donor is eligible for this. I really appreciate all your support and thank you for any donations.

Thank you so much for your donation, together we can make a difference, Suzanne x       


--   Yoland Brown  Brownhill House B&B, Ruyton XI Towns, nr. Shrewsbury SY4 1LR  ShACC - Shropshire Alternative Car Club  www.eleventowns.co.uk  www.eleventowns.com  www.ShACC-uk.org  Tel:  01939 261 121       Fax:  01939 260626