Saturday 26 May 2018

Can you help - accommodation for foreign students

Message forwarded by David Sheran, Doctor`s Meadow.

Good afternoon,

I am hoping you might be able to help me. I work for Severnvale Academy in Shrewsbury and we are a Private English Language School. We have some international junior students coming to study with us in July and August and I am looking to see if there might be one or two families in Ruyton XI Towns that might potentially be interested in hosting for the students while they are here. My husband and I will live in Ruyton XI Towns, and we will also be hosting for the students and we think it would be nice if there were a couple of other students in the village. Hosts are paid for this, and in return they will be asked to provide breakfast, a packed lunch and and evening meal. As I commute into Shrewsbury everyday I will collect and drop off the students each day. However I can only fit a maximum of 4 students into my car (to include my 2 students) and so I am looking for one or two families who can help. Alternatively, if there is another potential host that also commutes then this would also help.

Our summer course run from Monday 2nd July through to 10th August, with students studying for 2 or 3 weeks during that period. Students will be out from approximately 8:30am or possibly earlier if they come to my home, and they will not return home until approx 6pm each day Monday through to Saturday. Sunday is the only full day they would have at home with the host family. If hosting for one student the host will be paid £21.50 per night. If hosting for 2 students the host would be paid £20.50 per student, per night. Student ages range from 13-18 however the students I will be hosting for will be 13-14 yrs old and so I think it would be great to have similar ages in the village.

One of the groups coming to study with us is from Spain and they are part of a charitable organisation that supports young people who are perhaps dealing with a family bereavement. These children may have had a family member who worked in the police force for example, and sadly that family member may have passed away.

Do you know of anyone who might have the room, or the availability to do this? Would you be able to pass on the information to people in the village? My husband have not lived here for very long and we really do not any people in the village. I thought your website might be a great place to start.

If you think this is something you might be able to help me with, then I would be happy to answer any questions you might have, and I could drop off some leaflets/information for people to read. In order to host we would require people to note their interest as soon as possible as there are some checks that will be required to process prior to the arrival of the students.

My contact details are as follows:
Laura. Haughs@servernvale.co.uk, 01743 232505
http://www.severnvale.co.uk.

Thank you so much for your time and for any assistance you might be able to offer.

Kind & best regards,

Laura Haughs
Accommodation, Welfare & Finance Officer

Severnvale Academy Ltd.
25 Claremont Hill
Shrewsbury,
SY1 1RD

--   Yoland Brown  Brownhill House B&B & Garden, Ruyton XI Towns nr. Shrewsbury SY4 1LR  Tel:  01939 261 121  brownhill@eleventowns.co.uk  www.eleventowns.co.uk www.eleventowns.org uk  www.eleventowns.com  ShACC - Shropshire Alternative Car Club - www.ShACC-uk.org  MAILING LIST  for Ruyton XI Towns area  Yo`s blog:  http://Yo-emails.blogspot.co.uk