Saturday 14 June 2014

Amazing!

This message comes from Val Fisher, who was injured in a riding accident many years ago.   An wonderful tribute to her endeavours in `para-sport` (?) and great to know that the Mailing List can achieve even more than we could possibly have imagined.
Thanks for telling us Val.

Dear Yoland , 
    Thought you might like to read this message I randomly received earlier today , 
    I felt truly humbled , sometimes the world we live in is a beautiful place. 
    Best wishes 
    Val. 

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: David Forrester <davidforrester@hotmail.co.uk>
Date: 13 June 2014 13:16:10 BST
To: "Val.F@hotmail.co.uk" <val.f@hotmail.co.uk>
Subject: Inspiration

Dear Val,
 
Please forgive the unsolicited e-mail.
 
I am a 50 year old man who recently suffered a small stroke and is just about to return to work, basically fully recovered.
 
Feeling a bit down, I stumbled upon the piece the BBC did, talking about the equipment you were using to walk.
 
I was genuinely humbled, seeing your enthusiasm and focus and a couple of key strokes into Google I found another piece about wheelchair tennis.
 
I just wanted to say, that you have to me given my a real sense of what human spirit can achieve.
 
Your email address was on a blog, compendium of emails by Yoland Brown: -
 
http://yo-emails.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/fwd-re-planning-application-pc-agenda.html
 
I do not want you to feel unsettled by this and only wanted to say what a positive impact your positivity had on me.
 
Kind Regards,
 
David Forrester
 
71 Main Street
Knapton, York
YO26 6QG

--   Yoland Brown  Brownhill House B&B, Ruyton XI Towns, nr. Shrewsbury SY4 1LR  ShACC - Shropshire Alternative Car Club  www.eleventowns.co.uk  www.eleventowns.com  www.ShACC-uk.org  Tel:  01939 261 121       Fax:  01939 260626