Tuesday 10 June 2014

Nuisance around the Quillets

Message from Colin Case.

I should say that I went to the Marches playground on Saturday with my grandchildren, we found a can wedged the spring of one of the play things which my grandson extracted and put in the bin.   Otherwise there was no sign of any teenage, or even child, activity at all.

It is a lovely little playground and our children love it, however I do wonder who had the idea of putting the bench facing away from where the children are playing!!!

I am receiving several concerns regarding youths "hanging about" around these areas, causing concerns to local residents.

I have been in contact with our local Policing Team, and the advice is (as always) to call 101 immediately so that our PC or one of his CSOs is in with a chance of catching them at the time.
The call can be treated with the utmost discretion - we are a small community and I am sure no-one wants to fall out with neighbours.

The suggestion is that removing the table and benches from the Play Area would improve the situation.
I guess if that's the best solution then we will have to consider that.
What a shame that the actions of a few youngsters might cause a reduction in our Playground facility.

--
Colin Case
www.ruytonxitowns.org.uk
Tel: +44 1939 260628
Mobile: +44 7860 904006
Fax: +44 872 115 8730

--   Yoland Brown  Brownhill House B&B, Ruyton XI Towns, nr. Shrewsbury SY4 1LR  ShACC - Shropshire Alternative Car Club  www.eleventowns.co.uk  www.eleventowns.com  www.ShACC-uk.org  Tel:  01939 261 121       Fax:  01939 260626