Monday 25 March 2013

More Damson trees in Ruyton!

Hi there everyone

Things have been slowly developing at Bridge Inn Fields near Platt Mill Bridge

 Areas of the site have been rotovated and the wildflower seed has been spread within the last few months. The central third of the fields are now being mown on a regular basis to create a recreation space and paths will be being mown through the wildflower meadows.

I am about to order two benches and a picnic bench to be installed on site.

What I am hoping you can help me with is planting a small copse of trees!

 I have already planted three large maples to indicate the area where we will be planting about 30 smaller trees – a mix of silver birch, maple, crab apple, rowan and cherry.

 I hope that  a small and happy band of volunteers will join me, armed with spades, to give them the best start we can on:-

 Saturday 6th April at 10.00am

 Feel free to spread the word to whoever else might be interested and please let me know if you can be there.

Following on from planting the trees I would like to create a ‘Friends of’ group to help guide the maintenance and development of this site and others in Ruyton XI Towns. So let me know if you would be interested in being involved

Hope to see you on the 6th

 Clive Dean
Countryside Sites and Greenspace Officer
Outdoor Recreation Team
Shropshire Council
Shirehall
Abbey Foregate
Shrewsbury SY2 6ND

tel     01743 255909
mob 07582 003561

I will respond to e-mail within 10 working days of receipt

visit our website at www.shropshire.gov.uk

 

--   Yoland Brown  Brownhill House B&B, Ruyton XI Towns, nr. Shrewsbury SY4 1LR  ShACC - Shropshire Alternative Car Club  www.eleventowns.co.uk  www.eleventowns.com  www.ShACC-uk.org  Tel:  01939 261 121       Fax:  01939 260626