Saturday 19 February 2022

Willow Gallery Oswestry February update

Message from Willow Gallery, Oswestry.

WILLOW GALLERY Oswestry
NEWSLETTER UPDATE
February 2022























 
Saturday 26 February
Textile art inspired by nature

Local textile artist and stitch storyteller Suzette Smart will be in the gallery this coming Saturday (10am to 3pm) with her sewing machine and a selection of her fantastical  textile pieces to chat about her work and making process
Free event
About Suzette
I'm a textile artist and tutor living in a rural hamlet in North Shropshire. The natural world outside my door as well as familiar journeys along the towpath close by are my greatest source of inspiration for stitching and storytelling.

I'm not a light stitcher and never manage to tell all in the first layer, but prefer to build a story through collage, thread and a little mixed media. My work often includes hidden histories in the inherited or found fabrics and re-purposed embroideries I choose to use for collage and sometimes as my foundation layer. I mainly use free machine, but the finishing stitches are often by hand.

Find more information on Suzette's website
 
Willow Gallery
56 Willow Street
Oswestry
Shropshire
SY11 1AD
Open: Tues-Sat 10am-4pm
Tel: 01691 657575
email: willowgalleryoswestry@gmail.com
website: willowgalleryoswestry.org

Editor: Hilary Moorcroft
February 2022
Twitter
Facebook
Website
Email
Instagram


























 
 
 
SUZETTE SMART
A Star of One's Own
Mixed media textile collage