Dear Blogger
Message from Pam Parish Chair of Whittington Music Festival forwarded by Colleen
Change of Venue for BETHAN CONWAY HARPIST CONCERT on 18th October - see attached poster
Yesterday I learned that the urgent remedial work needed at St John's church Whittington is due to start in early October and will continue for sixteen weeks (exclusive of a break for Christmas) until February 2027.
In addition, of course, there is a road closure at the Whittington Rd roundabout until the end of October.
Accordingly, the festival trustees have reluctantly taken the decision to relocate our autumn fundraising events (for which you all very kindly printed our flyer) to Oswestry.
The first concert, by Welsh harpist Bethan Conway, is on 18th October - not long now - so I wonder whether you are able to help by contacting those people on your mailing lists with the corrected information below?
If you have a website or Facebook/Instagram page it would also be great if you could put up the flyer there too, and circulate it as widely as you can.
I appreciate that this is a time consuming task, but I would hate anyone to arrive in Whittington rather than at Christ Church in Oswestry. It will be a lovely Sunday afternoon event, with beautiful harp music and afternoon tea.
The venue for the Scholars and Gentlemen concert at the end of November is still to be confirmed, but hopefully I can put corrected information in your next editions.
Kind regards
Pam Parish
Chair, Whittington Music Festival
01691 655358