Friday 11 May 2012

This email is a scam

If you received the email below email on 10th May, Colin Case has investigated....

Yes - this is a scam - Stewart is actually on the phone at the moment at home. I have been trying to call him to tell him what has happened - he will be mortified. I have left a message.
It has come from his btinternet address (Yahoo is part of BTinternet) and has presumably been sent to everyone in HIS address book, regardless of whether the recipients have him in their address book. Any reply would go to s.alballantyne@yahoo.com - that is NOT his real address.
I will forward it to the Police - it is just possible they could track the scammer.

Colin Case
www.ruytonxitowns.org.uk
Tel: +44 1939 260628
Mobile: +44 7860 904006
Fax: +44 872 115 8730
---------------------------------

From: Stewart Ballantyne [mailto:s.a.l.ballantyne@btinternet.com]
Sent: 10 May 2012 11:49 AM
To: undisclosed recipients:
Subject: Bad News...Stewart Ballantyne

 

Hi,

 I'm writing this with tears in my eyes,i came down here to Madrid Spain. for a short vacation to visit a resort and got mugged at gun point last night at the park of the hotel where i lodged.All cash,credit cards and phone were stolen off me.I've been to the embassy and the Police here but they're not helping issues at all,my flight leaves today and I'm having problems settling the hotel bills.

The hotel manager won't let me leave until i settle the hotel bills which is 2,600 Pounds or anything you can afford now am freaked out.Please reply back and let me know if you will be able to loan me the cash so that i can give you the necessary details you will need to get the cash to me via western union money transfer, i promise to pay you back as soon as i get home.

Stewart

 

--   Yoland Brown  Brownhill House, nr. Shrewsbury SY4 1LR  ShACC - Shropshire Alternative Car Club  www.eleventowns.co.uk  www.eleventowns.com  ShACC_uk.org  Tel:  01939 261 121       Fax:  01939 260626