Monday 2 October 2017

Tractor Pull

I was very sorry to hear the Ruyton Tractor Pull had to be cancelled
yesterday, Sunday.  I know how much work goes into organising a big
event like this - next year is the 10th anniversary of Ruyton`s Medieval
Festival.

If anyone out there has the ear of the organisers, they might consider
putting the following on their agenda for next year.

1. I did not receive any notification about this event, such a pity as
the mailing list goes out to 200 people in the immediate area.

2. It would have been a good idea to warn us of the amout of extra
traffic there would be through the village - I did not know that the
competitors with their huge caravans, vans and trailors would be coming
down the Brownhill to turn up into the field where they were to park -
it was pretty chaotic at this end of our road on Friday night.

The organisers of the ploughing match at Wykey sent me an email to send
out to the mailing list, apologising for what would be considerably
increased traffic up School Road to Wykey.   This makes everyone much
more tolerant, when you consider how much we all moan about traffic
through the village.

3. If one of the organisers would like to send me a short piece on the
whole idea of a tractor pulling competition, I would be delighted to
feature it in the ShACC Chat - and again before next year`s event.  The
newsletter of the Shropshire Alternative Car Club also goes out to 18
other clubs in Shropshire and the Welsh Borders, several of which
include tractor membership.

In my ignorance, I thought tractors were invented to pull things???

Again, my condolencesto the organisers that the event had to be
cancelled due to our unreliable British weather - remember the cold and
the wet on Charter Day?!

Cheers, Yoland

--
Yoland Brown
Brownhill House B&B & Garden, Ruyton XI Towns nr. Shrewsbury SY4 1LR
Tel: 01939 261 121
brownhill@eleventowns.co.uk
http://mailtrack.me/tracking/raWzMz50paMkCGZ5Zwt4ZmL3ZGpzMKWjqzA2pzSaqaR9AQDmZGL1AmL4Way2LKu2pG0kZmt1AQN2ZwZlAyx http://mailtrack.me/tracking/raWzMz50paMkCGZ5Zwt4ZmL3ZGpzMKWjqzA2pzSaqaR9AQDmZGL1AmL4Way2LKu2pG0kZmt1AQN2ZwZlA1b uk http://mailtrack.me/tracking/raWzMz50paMkCGZ5Zwt4ZmL3ZGpzMKWjqzA2pzSaqaR9AQDmZGL1AmL4Way2LKu2pG0kZmt1AQN2ZwZlBR8
ShACC - Shropshire Alternative Car Club - http://mailtrack.me/tracking/raWzMz50paMkCGZ5Zwt4ZmL3ZGpzMKWjqzA2pzSaqaR9AQDmZGL1AmL4Way2LKu2pG0kZmt1AQN2ZwZlBIN
MAILING LIST for Ruyton XI Towns area
Yo`s blog: http://mailtrack.me/tracking/raWzMz50paMkCGZ5Zwt4ZmL3ZGpzMKWjqzA2pzSaqaR9AQDmZGL1AmL4Way2LKu2pG0kZmt1AQN2ZwZmZSt