Friday 7 October 2016

Help for Heroes

Apologies for sending this out late - my fault, not Alex`s.

Message from Alex Ford, Help for Heroes.

I will be taking part in a live vide webcast chat on the Official Help for Heroes Facebook page tomorrow, Thursday 6th October, at 6:45pm lasting for approximately 30 minutes. The URL where the webcast can be found is - https://www.facebook.com/HelpforHeroesOfficial/    The aim of this is to raise awareness of H4H's excellent programme 'Hidden Wounds' which looks at tackling Mental Health issues such as Anxiety and Depression, via a phone counselling programme. I, myself received help from this programme and it set me on my way to a path of recovery from depression, following both my tour in Afghanistan which left me feeling as though I could have done more out there, and back here in the UK coming to terms with my wife's disability and the change in our family circumstances that it brought about.    People are always welcome to donate to H4H to support it's general fund, which supplies money for the Hidden Wounds Programme, as well as provides support to people who have accessed the programme for assistance in any pathways which are identified as beneficial to the individual - Both Therese and myself have received a grant from them for our Newborn Photography training and for specific photographic items to help us establish ourselves.    If you can spread the news amongst any friends that you have who are ex-forces and who might benefit from this programme that would be lovely, or if you just wanted to tune in to see me make a pillock of myself on live Facebook TV that would be just as good. The more people watching, the more news and awareness of this essential and literally lifesaving programme there will be.    Many thanks     Alex Ford

--   Yoland Brown  Brownhill House B&B & Garden, Ruyton XI Towns nr. Shrewsbury SY4 1LR  Tel:  01939 261 121  brownhill@eleventowns.co.uk  www.eleventowns.co.uk www.eleventowns.org uk  www.eleventowns.com  ShACC - Shropshire Alternative Car Club - www.ShACC-uk.org  MAILING LIST  for Ruyton XI Towns area  Yo`s blog:  http://Yo-emails.blogspot.co.uk