Monday 3 February 2014

SCAM - Tesco Clubcard BEWARE

Message from Sarah Richards.

Dear Yoland

 You may wish to circulate this article: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/consumertips/10594447/Tesco-Clubcard-are-your-points-safe.html

I had this sent to me this morning by a friend and wasn’t at all concerned (I am very web literate and extremely careful with passwords and never click on links unless I know where they have come from), but when I checked my Tesco Clubcard account today, I was shocked to find that £111.50 of my vouchers had been ‘stolen’ and used in a store in Leicester.  The vouchers had been issued on various dates and I have the proper vouchers here, so someone has hacked into my account and printed them from there.

I have spoken to Tesco customer services, who were extremely helpful and will be refunding the lost vouchers to me.  I would suggest that anyone who has a Clubcard account should log on and check to see if any of their vouchers have been used without their knowledge – it’s really simple to do and the website clearly lists all the vouchers that have been used and how/where they were used.

Best regards

 Sarah

 Sarah Richards

Maple Business Services

Tel: 01939 261396 or 07729 943246

Sarah@MapleBusinessServices.co.uk

www.MapleBusinessServices.co.uk

 

Maple Business Services Ltd

Maple Cottage

Weston Lullingfields

Shrewsbury

SY4 2AW

 


--   Yoland Brown  Brownhill House B&B, Ruyton XI Towns, nr. Shrewsbury SY4 1LR  ShACC - Shropshire Alternative Car Club  www.eleventowns.co.uk  www.eleventowns.com  www.ShACC-uk.org  Tel:  01939 261 121       Fax:  01939 260626