Sunday 25 October 2015

My apologies

For once my apologies for some blumer I have blundered!

I am sorry some of your messages have had to wait for Roger and me to
return from our outumn travels.

Seeing Miranda and family in Tulsa, Oklahoma is always wonderful (but
more knackering as we get older) and a business trip to France when
Roger was working for a week and I was on holiday was also fun, we
always meet up with many international friends at these meetings.

I can highly recommend Vichy as a place to visit, especially if you are
interested in architecture and of course it was never bombed - even the
town guide was not embarassed about mentioning the town`s dodgy past
between 1940 and 44.

There is much more to this beautiful town than umpteen springs of nasty
smelly water! Napoleon III was responsible for making it the Paris of
the south.

Tulsa gets more interesting by the year, with so much going on in the
downtown area which was a desert of offices & car parks 12 years ago is
now a flourishing arts district with new buildings going up to matche
the surviving beautiful Art Deco ones of Tulsa`s heyday when money from
oil was being made hand over fist. If you remember Woodie Guthrie,
there is a museum there and I understand the early Bob Dylan archive has
been purchased, doubtless for another museum.

I am just so glad to be home and would like to think I never have to
experience an airport ever again - if only!!

Thank you for your patience,

Yoland

--
Yoland Brown
Brownhill House B&B & Garden, Ruyton XI Towns nr. Shrewsbury SY4 1LR
Tel: 01939 261 121
brownhill@eleventowns.co.uk
www.eleventowns.co.uk www.eleventowns.org uk www.eleventowns.com
ShACC - Shropshire Alternative Car Club - www.ShACC-uk.org
MAILING LIST for Ruyton XI Towns area
Yo`s blog: http://Yo-emails.blogspot.co.uk